UPDATE 12:59 p.m.: After Tuesday morning’s tractor-trailer rollover delayed Montgomery County motorists for up to nine miles, VDOT announced crews have reopened the northbound right lane and right shoulder at mile marker 126 on I-81.
However, motorists are still backed up for approximately two miles from the crash site at this time, VDOT says.
UPDATE 9:59 a.m.: Montgomery County first responders are working to clear the scene of a tractor-trailer rollover and hazmat spill backing up traffic for several miles along I-81 North.
According to Montgomery County Emergency Services, crews from Elliston Volunteer Fire Department, Virginia Department of Emergency Management Hazmat, and Virginia State Police are at the scene of the crash.
Meanwhile, VDOT says northbound traffic is now backed up for five miles starting at mile marker 126 on I-81, where the northbound right shoulder and right lane are still closed.
UPDATE 9:16 a.m.: The traffic backup along I-81 North in Montgomery County has reached four miles due to a tractor-trailer crash at mile marker 126, according to VDOT.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Montgomery County motorists are backed up for several miles along I-81 North following a tractor-trailer crash Tuesday morning.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), says the northbound right lane and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 126 on I-81.
According to VDOT, traffic is already backed up for approximately two miles along I-81 North.
- Police looking for driver who evaded authorities at high rate of speed in Montgomery County on Sunday night
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Amherst County Schools confirm two new COVID-19 cases
- Free workshop shows how COVID restrictions correlate to trends in infections and deaths