BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – After the first round of Blacksburg Bucks sold out nearly immediately, organizers have planned a relaunch of the next round of Blacksburg Bucks.
Organizers are saying the following criteria will apply to the second round of Blacksburg Bucks.
- The maximum amount available for purchase has been reduced to $250 (for a total of $500 in Blacksburg Bucks) as the same deal as before applies, where for every $20 purchased, you will automatically get the same value back, courtesy of CARES Act funds. This reduction allows more people to participate and the funds will be stretched further in support of Blacksburg businesses.
- Certificates are in $20 denominations and are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Only one purchase per household. If a household purchased Blacksburg Bucks in the first round, it is not eligible to participate in round two.
- Certificates will go on sale Dec. 1 at 9 a.m. by telephone only. No in-person orders will be taken. All orders must be made by calling one of the branches of National Bank in Blacksburg.
- Orders will only be accepted prior to 9 a.m. on Dec. 1.
- Certificates will be available for pick-up as early as Dec. 8, and individuals will be given a date, location, and window of time for the pick-up.
- Cash or check only.
Gift certificates can be purchased beginning Friday, Nov. 20 at any of the six Blacksburg National Bank locations on Monday through Fridays including:
- Hethwood Branch
- (540) 951-6204
- Hubbard Street Branch
- (540) 951-6360
- Main Branch
- (540) 951-6205
- North Main Branch
- (540) 951-6220
- South Main Branch
- (540) 951-6246
- VT Corporate Research Branch
- (540) 552-0890
For a full list of participating businesses, click here.