PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Representatives with Pulaski County Public Schools have provided an update on its equity initiative via social media.
In the update posted on Tuesday, April 13, the district says that a lot of work went into developing its mission statement for Racial & Social Equity, but the district recognizes that, “not enough was done to communicate with the Pulaski County community about what all of this means.”
The full update can be viewed on the Pulaski County Public Schools’ Facebook page.
The update addresses the following:
- Administrators will be trained in areas of cultural competence and adaptive leadership in order to better prepare to lead schools in the work needed to address expectations;
- Each school will complete an equity audit before the end of the current school year. The findings of which will be shared with the School Board;
- Each school will form an equity team that is made up of faculty, staff, parents, and students to advise administrators on the best practices in moving forward;
- Develop a plan and secure resources necessary to prepare educators for implementing changes coming down from the Virginia Department of Education; and
- Looking for additional ways to engage the community surrounding equity.