BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Beginning Monday, Alleghany Street in Blacksburg will be closed to through traffic between Knob Hill Driver and Clay Street.
This closure will start at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 30, and last until, at least, 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2. Contractor crews will be working to remove several trees next to the roadway in this area.
Motorists should watch for detour routes on Eheart Street, Knob Hill Drive, Floyd Street, and Clay Street. The roads will be closed for about three days, but full access on Alleghany St. will be restored by 5 p.m. each day.
- Police looking for driver who evaded authorities at high rate of speed in Montgomery County on Sunday night
- Inaugural day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Amherst County Schools confirm two new COVID-19 cases
- Free workshop shows how COVID restrictions correlate to trends in infections and deaths