PULASKI, Va. (WFXR) — One person was airlifted to the hospital following reports of a shooting in Pulaski Friday evening.
The Pulaski Police Department says officers responded to a building at 100 Washington Square on Friday, Dec. 25, after a person had been shot.
Police say the person was flown to Roanoke Memorial Hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound.
However, authorities believe there is no threat to the public at this time.
According to a Facebook update from the department on Saturday, Dec. 26, the person who was shot was set to be released from the hospital on Sunday, Dec. 27.
If you have any information about this shooting, you are asked to either call the Pulaski Police Department at (540) 980-7800 and ask for a supervisor, or message the department on Facebook.
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- TSA installs acrylic shields at Lynchburg Regional Airport to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Roanoke Sheriff’s Office warns residents about phone scam
- Fatal single-vehicle crash occurred on U.S. 460 in Giles Co., according to state police
- All lanes on VA-40 in Pittsylvania Co. near Dr Mease Drive closed due to crash