PULASKI, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Pulaski are investigating after a person was found dead following reports of a shooting early Wednesday morning.
According to the Pulaski Police Department, officers responded to the 1000 block of Newbern Road shortly after 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 18, for a report of a shooting with injuries.
When police arrived on scene, they found a male with what appeared to be a gunshot wound. However, authorities say the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
There are no persons of interest in connection with the shooting at this time, but the department says there is no ongoing threat to the community.
If you have any information about this shooting — which is still under investigation by both the Pulaski Police Department and the Virginia Medical Examiners Office in Roanoke — you are asked to call Detective R. Riddle at (540) 994-8680.
WFXR News has a crew on the way to the scene at this time.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 13
- 2,700 acre solar farm potentially coming to Pulaski County
- Danville City School Board delays in-person instruction until after winter break
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice
- As Virginia hospitalizations hit new high, model says some regions could run out of bed space by January