(WFXR) — As the peak of flu season draws close, local health officials are working to make sure the New River Valley community is immunized with a series of free flu shot clinics in honor of National Influenza Vaccination Week.
According to the New River Health District, appointments are not necessary to stop by the following free vaccination clinics:
- Floyd County Health Department (123 Parkview Road NE in Floyd) from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Dec. 10
- Pulaski County Health Department (170 4th Street NW in Pulaski) from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, Dec. 11
- Giles County Health Department (1 Taylor Avenue, Suite 4 in Pearisburg) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11
- Montgomery County Health Department (210 South Pepper Street, Suite A in Christiansburg) from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11
- Radford City Health Department (220 East Main Street in Radford) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18
Health officials say these walk-in clinics are open to anyone at least six-months-old, but you are asked to wear a mask.
If you have any questions about these free flu vaccination clinics around the New River Valley, call (540) 585-3300 for more information.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine: Here’s what you should know
- Prescribed burn planned for Patterson Mountain in Botetourt County on Tuesday
- Virginia Commonwealth University plans to fully reopen for fall semester
- More non-white Americans visit ER with COVID-19, CDC study finds
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest