FLOYD, VA. (WFXR) — The roads in the Town of Floyd were mostly clear Wednesday evening after a morning of falling sleet and rain.
However, as the rain was falling on Wednesday, Dec. 16, that caused much of the brine sprayed on the roads to wash away, leaving the roads vulnerable to refreezing as temperatures were forecasted to dip below freezing again during the nighttime hours.
Neighbors in Floyd pointed out earlier that much of the ice had already started to melt along roads and sidewalks.
At this time, we have not heard of any vehicle accidents relating to weather from VDOT or authorities in the area.
- Delta passenger brings own microphone, amplifier to make in-flight announcement about pandemic, video shows
- Woman charged after Monday crash in Carroll County leaves one dead, one injured, State Police say
- What to expect from this year’s Orionid meteor shower
- One person injured after fiery plane crash near Houston Executive Airport, officials say
- Three new restaurants welcomed to River Ridge Mall as Food Hall opens Tuesday
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.