UPDATE 12:01 p.m.: Montgomery County Emergency Services says there are no reports of injuries after a vehicle flipped along I-81 North Tuesday morning.
According to emergency officials, members of the Elliston Volunteer Fire Department, Christiansburg Rescue, and Virginia State Police responded to the crash near mile marker 126 on I-81 North around 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 12.
However, when crews arrived, they found a vehicle upside down on its roof, causing the road to be shut down for about an hour while crews cleared the scene.
UPDATE 9:14 a.m.: VDOT says crews have cleared the scene of a vehicle crash in Montgomery County that blocked off I-81 North Tuesday morning.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Tuesday morning vehicle crash has led to several miles of delays along I-81 North in Montgomery County.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), all northbound lanes are closed at mile marker 125.8 on I-81.
VDOT says traffic is currently backed up for approximately two miles from the scene of the crash.
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Virginia GOP tries again to develop nomination plans
- Marshall University shuts down ‘Greek life’ over alleged COVID19 violations
- West Virginia hero gifted key to the city on his birthday
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended