BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce (MCCC) held its eighth annual Women’s Leadership Conference recently.
Over 120 attended the virtual event this year that had a theme of “A Year for Recovery & Discovery” that encouraged women to recognize the challenges over the last 14 months, finding the positives and how to move forward.
The virtual program was unique this year because it hosted a breakout session for young women age 12-17 to examine careers and make decisions about their future.
Chief Nursing Officer at LewisGale Hospital Montgomery was the Master of Ceremonies who announced the 2021 Women’s Leadership Awards recipients.
- Community Builder Award
- Lateffa Smith, Community Housing Partners
- Emerging Leader Award
- Tessa Wright, First Bank & Trust Company
- Spirit Award
- Rhonda Whaling, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- Woman Business Leader of the Year
- Nanci Hardwick, Meld Manufacturing Corporation
- 2021 Woman of the Year
- Noelle Bissell, MD, New River Health District
The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce serves Blacksburg, Christiansburg and all of Montgomery County.
The MCC supports approximately 600 local businesses through marketing, education and network-building opportunities.
For additional information about the conference, click here.