WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Ricky Delk, the man who is charged with shooting at two Wythe County Sheriff’s Deputies on July 7, will undergo a competency evaluation.
Delk is a former Florida police officer who allegedly shot and injured two deputies after his wife call law enforcement over a domestic dispute.
Delk is charged with eight counts of attempted capital murder, eight counts of using a firearm in commission of a felony, and one count of discharging a firearm in an occupied dwelling.
He is expected back in court on Feb. 9, 2021.
- Two students at Rockbridge County HS test positive for COVID-19; eight other students placed into quarantine
- Galax Police advise citizens of a scam involving paying a penalty for missing jury duty
- Soldier dies during training exercise at Fort Campbell
- Roanoke officials discuss improvements to the city’s northwest, southeast neighborhoods
- ‘We need help from everybody’: School district issues plea to families to follow proper COVID protocols at home