WYTHEVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A man is in jail after being arrested for allegedly possessing and distributing child exploitation material in Wytheville.
According to the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office, on Sept. 28, the department executed a search warrant at a residence on North Eighth Street in Wytheville regarding these crimes.
Deputies located William Walters, 72, inside of the residence and was taken into custody.
Authorities say that Walters admitted to investigators that he currently possessed and had distributed several images of child pornography to others.
Walters was held without bail and was transferred over to the New River Valley Regional Jail.
Further charges are expected, pending digital forensics examination on items collected from Walter’s residence.
- Services and application being offered by regionalobituaries.com
- The “Jingle Your Way to a Safe Holiday” campaign with YOVASO
- Macado’s, YMCA partner to give away 3K meals in Roanoke for ‘Giving Tuesday’
- Vinton Library to reopen on the last day of November
- SCC denies rate increase request from Appalachian Power