BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police is investigating after human remains were found near a BP Station in Bland County Thursday morning.
At 8:42 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5, Virginia State Police was notified of the discovery of human remains near the intersection of Arrowhead Drive and Route 666 (Indian Village Trail) off of I-77 Exit 58.
The remains, which appear to be female, were located at the edge of a gravel lot adjacent to the BP Station. The body has been transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke for examination, autopsy, and positive identification.
Since the remains are still awaiting autopsy, Virginia State Police say they cannot suspect if foul play is related to the unattended death at this time.
Anyone who has any information about this incident is asked to contact the Virginia State Police by calling (276) 228-3131 or by emailing email@example.com.
- VDH Friday update: 2,877 new COVID-19 cases, 102 new hospitalizations reported around Virginia
- ‘Santa-tizer’ helping children this holiday season
- Bedford Police warn of scam calls about loved ones being arrested
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort opens to winter enthusiasts following coronavirus-related delay