HILLSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The 2020 Hillsville Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting events will not go on as planned.
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, the Town of Hillsville made the decision to cancel the events. However, the Town and the Friends of Hillsville still aim to create ways to celebrate this Grand Marshalls, Bill and Mabel Tate, and “to find other ways of bringing the spirit of the season to [their] wonderful community.”
The Town of Hillsville Beautification Committee will still host the Annual Downtown Storefront Contest.
The Lawn of Hope is also operating this year. The Lawn of Hope is an annual Christmas event to help raise money for the American Cancer Society. Individuals, groups, and businesses can buy a tree to decorate. The event will be at the Blue House on Main in Hillsville.
- Patrick Henry Community College receives new heavy-equipment simulators
- Holiday spending likely lower this season, according to Roanoke College Poll
- Roanoke County Police offers advice to prevent “Grinches” from stealing Christmas
- Roanoke City Public Schools, community partners give away 400 boxed meals for Thanksgiving
- Bedford County Sheriff, schools, local business team to provide needy families with pre-Thanksgiving dinners