GALAX, Va. (WFXR) — On Feb. 25, both the Galax Fire Department and the Hillsville Fire Department arrived at a structure fire around 3:14 p.m. at the 150 block of Weddle St. in Hillsville.

Upon arrival, units found a single-wide mobile home with heavy smoke and fire. The fire ran underneath the mobile home as well as between the ceiling and the roof, however, it was controlled quickly. No injuries have been reported at this time.

While the interior was saved, the Galax Fire Department has determined the structure uninhabitable.

The following departments assisted in the fire:

  • Galax Fire Department
  • Hillsville Fire Department
  • Carroll County Fire & Rescue
  • Twin County E-911