PEARISBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Summer fun returns this weekend to the Pearisburg Festival in the Park!
The festival — which is celebrating its 36th year — kicks off Friday, June 11 at the Pearisburg Community Center with quite a lineup of entertainment.
Friday, June 11:
- 6 p.m. — National Anthem by Cora Gnegy, welcome by Mayor Robert Dickerson
- 6:15 p.m. — Pearisburg Festival dedication to Judy Harrell
- 6:30 p.m. — Terry Mullins
- 8 p.m. — The FREQUENCY-band
Saturday, June 12:
- 9:30 a.m. — Dance Motion performance
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Little Critters Petting Zoo
- Noon — Tron Nation
- 1:30 p.m. — Crystal River Band
- 3 p.m. — David Francisco
- 3:30 p.m. — Ride’n Shotgun Band
- 5:30 p.m. — Hansen-Brown Crossing
- 8 p.m. — 4ever Classic
- 10:30 p.m. — Miss and Mr. Pearisburg Festival Beauty Pageant
Friday will also feature the “ride all you want for one price” wristbands, which will cost $15 and allow you to take advantage of the rides from 6:30 to 10 p.m. In addition, vendors will be offering homemade crafts and festival foods.
Then, on Saturday, the 2021 Car Show will take place at the Festival in the Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with prizes awarded at 3:30 p.m. You can register for $15 by filling out a form at Pearisburg Town Hall or calling (540) 200-5639.
Those traveling to the festival you will want to be aware of some traffic alerts. VDOT Salem reported on Twitter that one lane eastbound of Route 460 (Wenonah Avenue) from Fort Branch Road to Elm Street will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. VDOT wants to remind drivers to watch for signs, pedestrians, and heavy traffic.