Electrical issue leads to Tuesday structure fire in Galax

New River Valley News

(Photo: Courtesy Galax Fire Department Facebook)

GALAX, Va. (WFXR) — Galax first responders spent part of Tuesday evening battling a blazing structure fire along Windmill Road.

According to a Facebook post on Tuesday, Jan. 11 by the Galax Fire Department, crews were dispatched to the fire shortly after 6:15 p.m. in the 300 block of Windmill Road.

When units arrive at the scene, they found heavy flames showing from a 20-foot by 24-foot structure, as well as multiple exposure issues.

The department says personnel quickly brought the fire under control, but it took an extensive overhaul process to completely extinguish the blaze.

All units reportedly cleared the scene in about 90 minutes.

There are no reports of injuries resulting from this fire, which officials say was caused by an electrical issue.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form