UPDATE 11:36 a.m.: According to VDOT, crews have cleared the scene of the tractor-trailer crash that caused eastbound and westbound lane closures on U.S. Route 460 in Giles County Monday morning.
UPDATE 7:06 a.m.: While only one eastbound travel lane is closed on U.S. Route 460 following a tractor-trailer crash in Giles County Monday morning, VDOT says crews have now closed all westbound lanes on U.S. Route 460 near Thomas Drive.
GILES COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Giles County traffic has been reduced to one lane in each direction on U.S. Route 460 while crews clean up from a tractor-trailer crash east of Narrows early Monday morning.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the westbound left shoulder and left lane and the eastbound left shoulder and left lane are closed along U.S. Route 460 near Thomas Drive and Route 640.
While officials say delays are expected, there is no word on any backup in Giles County at this time.
The Pearisburg Fire Department recommends drivers seek alternate routes because closures are expected throughout the morning due to ongoing cleanup efforts.
- Game of the Week: Patriots top Colonels in star city showdown
- Friday Night Blitz: Player of the Week, Daniel Pereira, Irakoze Donasiyano, and Tremaine Edmunds
- Friday Night Blitz: Class 1 and 2 boys basketball previews
- Friday Night Blitz: Boys class 3 and 4 basketball preview
- Friday Night Blitz: Game of the Week, and Class 5 basketball preview