CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The director of the New River Health District, Dr. Noelle Bissell held a news conference Monday afternoon to discuss the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
This Zoom briefing comes after the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 7,762 new COVID-19 cases, 202 new hospitalizations, and 102 new virus-related deaths between Friday, Oct. 1 and Monday, Oct. 4.
The VDH says a number of those new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are from the following localities in the New River Health District:
- Floyd County: 10 new cases
- Giles County: 24 new cases and three new deaths
- Montgomery County: 70 new cases and three new deaths
- Pulaski County: 59 new cases, one new hospitalization, and one new death
- Radford: 10 new cases and one new hospitalization
If you want to sign up to get a coronavirus vaccine or learn more about vaccinations in the New River Health District, click here.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list