BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Del. Chris Hurst has announced he has chosen to kill the bill that would have limited student housing in Blacksburg.
In at statement to WFXR News, Hurst says:
“It became apparent to me and the Town that the public wants to weigh in on this issue more before we consider action. I am committed to addressing the housing problems in Blacksburg and Montgomery County and will continue to work with local officials to make it easier for residents to buy and rent in the New River Valley.”Del. Chris Hurst (VA-12th)
The bill would have allowed the Town of Blacksburg to receive proffers, an offer that’s made before formal negotiations, from developers looking to build housing units and apartment complexes in the area.
- Pinpoint Weather: Generally below normal week ahead with slight precip chances
- Virginia’s Blue Ridge welcomes women’s pro-cycling team offering elite training opportunities
- Karnik, Ashton-Langford lead Boston College past Virginia Tech
- Hellems, Smith lead NC State past Virginia 77-63
- Pember’s 41 leads UNC Asheville past Radford in OT