CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – A man from Montgomery County was sentenced on Wednesday after fatally shooting his wife this past May.
The incident occurred on Tuesday, May 19 when, deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office say 51-year-old Michelle L. Tompkins was found suffering from several gunshot wounds.
She later died after being taken to the New River Valley Medical Center.
According to court documents, Gerard P. Tompkins will spend the next 28 years in prison for the crime.
- VDH reports 2,048 new COVID-19 cases while total deaths climb past 10,500 Tuesday
- Virginia to pause all Johnson & Johnson vaccinations until CDC, FDA investigation complete
- Bedford firefighters respond to Monday afternoon fires at Moneta house, Tootsie’s diner
- WATCH LIVE: FDA shares update after US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- WATCH LIVE: Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday