UPDATE 8:29 a.m.: VDOT says crews have cleared the crash scenes at both mile marker 8.7 and mile marker 9.6 on I-77 South in Carroll County.
CARROLL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Carroll County commuters are facing delays Wednesday morning due to multiple crashes along I-77 South.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound left shoulder and left lane are closed at mile marker 8.7 on I-77 due to a vehicle crash. There are no reports of backups at this time.
However, VDOT says a tractor-trailer crash has also closed the southbound left shoulder and left lane at mile marker 9.6 on I-77. Traffic is backed up for approximately two miles at this time.
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers work their way out of the region, slight rain chance lingers into Sunday
- New Wytheville treatment center combating substance abuse
- HSFB: Christiansburg at Lord Botetourt
- Rain halts Cup Series race in Martinsville; will resume Sunday
- Car crashes into northeast Roanoke building, one seriously injured