ALTAVISTA, Va. (WFXR) — Residents and visitors of Altavista have a new piece of art to appreciate when spending time outdoors.
A LOVE Sign now stands at English Park near the picnic area and at entrances to the walking trails.
The vertical structure is made of stainless steel and depicts images of Altavista’s manufacturing history and iconic landmarks.
Images represent the old Lane smoke tower, the Altavista Colonels, STEM technology in both business and school programs, and children playing in the park. The images were wrapped by Creative Edge Design.
Altavista On Track, a non-profit organization supporting development in downtown Altavista, designed and commissioned the LOVE sign with funding from the Powell Grant and the Virginia Tourism Corporation.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville