ALTAVISTA, Va. (WFXR) — Residents and visitors of Altavista have a new piece of art to appreciate when spending time outdoors.
A LOVE Sign now stands at English Park near the picnic area and at entrances to the walking trails.
The vertical structure is made of stainless steel and depicts images of Altavista’s manufacturing history and iconic landmarks.
Images represent the old Lane smoke tower, the Altavista Colonels, STEM technology in both business and school programs, and children playing in the park. The images were wrapped by Creative Edge Design.
Altavista On Track, a non-profit organization supporting development in downtown Altavista, designed and commissioned the LOVE sign with funding from the Powell Grant and the Virginia Tourism Corporation.
- Delays expected after Henry County crash closes down US-58 East
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Walmart Black Friday: PS5, more deals go live
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers end early, then sunny and warmer for the afternoon
- Family displaced after overnight chimney fire spreads to attic in Roanoke County