BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Some families will be receiving something they have not had before – natural gas.
Roanoke Gas Company has announced it is expanding by offering service to people who live in the Blue Ridge area.
A county spokesperson says the expansion is the result of the new Colonial Heights Elementary School project.
The school is set to open by the end of the year.
“We are thrilled to bring natural gas service to the Blue Ridge Community. This $4.8 million investment, one of the largest in the company’s history, entailed installing approximately two miles of pipe. We look forward to continuing to invest and expand facilities to serve the Blue Ridge community.”Jim Shockley, Roanoke Gas COO
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded COVID-19 risk map
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- West Virginia saw biggest decrease in broadband speed during global pandemic
- VCU Board of Visitors votes to rename buildings named for Confederates
- Mill Mountain Theatre cancels remainder of 2020 season due to pandemic