BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — Even during a worldwide pandemic, the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford will continue to honor the meaning of Memorial Day by paying tribute to the men and women who laid down their lives to protect their country through a virtual commemorative event.
Starting at 11 a.m. on Monday, May 25, the National D-Day Memorial will share a virtual ceremony that was filmed on location at the Bedford memorial.
“Though we cannot gather in person, this virtual ceremony serves as a powerful reminder that there have always been men and women willing to lay down their lives in the name of freedom,” officials for the National D-Day Memorial wrote on Facebook. “We should never take this for granted and on Memorial Day and every day, we need to honor them by remembering their stories of service and sacrifice.”
You can watch the virtual ceremony here on WFXRtv.com or on the National D-Day Memorial’s website.
- Danville Baseball Club is asking the community to help name new team
- Crews respond to structure fire on Valleydale Avenue in Salem Friday, two people displaced
- Section of Red Valley Road to be closed in Franklin County starting Jan. 25
- Faith leaders are backing a bill to abolish the death penalty in Virginia
- Multiple lives saved by new equipment from Roanoke Fire-EMS