HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Halifax County’s sheriff has identified two people killed in a murder-suicide on Christmas Eve.
According to the The Gazette-Virginian, former Virginia State Police Trooper Philip Leath, and his wife Lori Leath were found dead in the highway in front of the home on Bellevue Road.
Officers from South Boston as well as State Police arrived at the scene shortly after the 911 center received the call around 9:33 a.m.
According to Sheriff Fred S. Clark, both victims died of apparent gunshot wounds., and that the shooting appears to be a domestic incident.
Their bodies have been transported to the state medical examiner’s office in Roanoke for autopsies.
Traffic on Bellevue Road was blocked in both directions for house, while the investigation continued.
- Pinpoint Weather: One more decent day Sunday before rain, colder weather moves in
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19