ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Several counties throughout Southwest Virginia are seeing power outages because of heavy rains and winds this morning.
According to Appalachian Power, more than 8,000 customers are without power.
Here are the localities by number:
- Franklin County customer outages: 1,025
- Bedford County customer outages: 104
- Roanoke County customer outages: 570
- City of Roanoke customers: 197
- Giles County customer outages: 580
- Pulaski County customer outages: 1,019
- Wythe County customer outages: 526
You can view the Appalachian Power outages map by clicking here.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 13
- 2,700 acre solar farm potentially coming to Pulaski County
- Danville City School Board delays in-person instruction until after winter break
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice
- As Virginia hospitalizations hit new high, model says some regions could run out of bed space by January