FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Thousands of Appalachian Power customers are without power Sunday afternoon due to 11 outages in Franklin, Roanoke, Bedford, and Carroll counties.
According to Appalachian Power’s outage map, as of 2:44 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 9, there are 2,287 Franklin County customers without power due to five outages, as well as 30 Roanoke County customers without power due to three outages.
In addition, Bedford County and Carroll County are each reporting less than five customers without power due to outages, Appalachian Power says.
However, the online map shows the primary outage causing problems encompasses Boones Mill, as well as parts of Wright, Wirtz, and Rocky Mount, leaving a total of 2,296 customers without power as of 2:44 p.m. on Sunday.
Officials say the outage started at approximately 11:30 a.m., but they estimate crews will restore power to the area by 7:30 p.m. on Sunday. However, Appalachian Power did not report a cause for this widespread outage.
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man
- Multiple Apple services reported down Tuesday