ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Roanoke Police are investigating after a motorcyclist wreck while trying to evade a traffic stop.
Just before 12:30 this morning, police observed a motorcycle driving recklessly on a sidewalk in the area of Jefferson Avenue and Salem Avenue.
Officers initiated a traffic stop, but the driver failed to pull over. A short vehicle pursuit ensued. As officers began to end the pursuit, the motorcyclist appeared to lose control and crashed in the 700 block of Williamson Road.
The driver was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment of his injuries. His condition is unknown at this time.
Virginia State Police are conducting the crash investigation.
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- VDH: 736 new cases of COVID-19, 15 new deaths since Saturday including ten in Central, SWVA
- UPDATE: Police continue searching for individuals involved in Saturday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Pinpoint Weather: Weekend wraps up quiet, rain chances ramp up in coming days
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders