UPDATE: 4:49 a.m.: The number of customers without power in in Lynchburg and Bedford County Tuesday morning has dropped to 1,080, according to Appalachian Power.
As of 4:43 a.m. on Tuesday, June 16, Appalachian Power says there are 966 outages reported in Lynchburg and 114 in Bedford County.
Officials still estimate power will be restored by 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – More than 2,000 customers in Lynchburg are without power, according to Appalachian Power.
Officials say they plan to have power restored by 6 a.m. Tuesday, June 16.
There is no word yet on what caused the outage.
- Pittsylvania County Public Schools to start virtually on August 24
- Wythe County School Board approves plan to push start date for 2020-21 school year to September, move to 100% virtual learning through October
- Lynchburg Police Department to host first-ever virtual recruiting fair on Aug. 31
- Patient refuses hospitalization after Roanoke County first responders dispatched to report of allergic reaction along trail, officials say
- New drone technology will help monitor COVID-19 symptoms