LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Students are making their voices heard in the Lynchburg area through the organization of peaceful events.
A group known as “Lynchburg Students Rise” — which advocates for the involvement of students of color in peaceful protests — organized a rally on Sunday, June 7 outside of Mama Crockett’s to introduce the group to the community, drawing more than 100 attendees.
Organizers say they are planning a protest for 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 13.
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses
- Truck accident causing back-up on I-81
- Lynchburg sees back-to-back shootings within one block, PD investigating possible connection