MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Montgomery County man is in custody after allegedly shooting and killing his wife.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a 911 call from the 1400 block of Red Hawk Run in Christiansburg at 8:47 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19. When they arrived on scene, authorities say they found 51-year-old Michelle L. Tompkins suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Rescue Squad members from Riner took her to the New River Valley Medical Center, which is where she died shortly after.
Deputies arrested her husband — 58-year-old Gerard P. Tompkins — at the scene. He faces charges of second degree murder and is currently being held at the Montgomery County Jail without bond, authorities say.
This investigation is ongoing and further charges may be pending, according to the sheriff’s office.
- Ransomware gangs get more aggressive against law enforcement
- Police: Man charged in attempted stabbing at Islamic center
- What is Dogecoin and why is Elon Musk associated with it?
- Obama’s dog Bo, once a White House celebrity, dies from cancer
- Delaware traffic stop leads to arrest of Virginia man, woman