Several have been arrested after a year-long investigation into a multi-person conspiracy to sell or distribute drugs within the country.
Users of meth were not targeted. Law enforcement said they were going after the big players, the ones that are responsible for distributing and selling the drugs.
Members of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office VICE unit, the Christiansburg Police Department VICE unit, and Montgomery County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office have all worked since May of 2017 on the investigation looking into the distribution of crystal methamphetamine.
Law enforcement conducted multiple controlled purchases of crystal meth. They discovered there was one primary source for the drugs. According to law enforcement, Aaron Hixon was supplying Montgomery County and the New River Valley with crystal meth. A majority of the meth is said to have been transported from Sylvester and Albany Georgia.
19 individuals were arrested and charged with the following:
- Brandon Keister: Conspire to transport drugs x3
- Ronald Keister: Conspire to Distribute Schedule I & II
- Heather Hixon: Transport Drugs to VA x4, conspire to distribute
- Jason Fizer: Transport drugs to VA x2, conspire to distribute, conspire to transport
- Jeremy Elliott: Distribution schedule III x3, Conspire to distribute schedule II
- Troy Donaghy: Distribution schedule II x4, conspire to distribute x 4
- Harsh Chauhan: Conspiracy to sell narcotics
- Aaron Hixon: Transport drugs to VA x18, narcotic criminal enterprise, narcotics sell for profit
- Dawnya Sawyers: Narcotic possession x2, narcotics sell for profit
- Trista Francisco: Transport drugs to VA x2, Narcotics sell for profit
- Terry Miller: Transport drugs to VA x2
- Michael Dowdy: Narcotic distribution 10 grams or more, narcotics sell for profit
- Jonathan Smith: Narcotics sell for profit
- Shawn Santolla: Transport drugs to VA, conspiracy narcotics sell for profit
- Eric Tollefson: Awaiting extradition from Georgia
- Donna Collins: Awaiting extradition from Georgia
Watch the news conference held Monday afternoon: