ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Michael Brown, who is accused of murdering his mother’s boyfriend Rodney Brown after deserting his post in the Marines, has now been added to the FBI’s list of most wanted accused murderers.
Michael Brown is alleged to have killed Rodney Brown on Nov. 9 in the Hardy community of Franklin County.
In the FBI’s wanted poster for Michael Brown, it notes the murder of Rodney Brown and federal charges filed against Brown. He has not been seen since Roanoke Police said he was spotted near Patrick Henry High School more than a week ago.
“A federal arrest warrant was issued by the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia on November 13, 2019, after Michael Alexander Brown was charged federally with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution,” the FBI post reads.
Brown is listed among 69 “most wanted” individuals accused of murder by the FBI.
Other agencies involved in the hunt for Michael Brown include the U.S. Marshals Service, NCIS, Virginia State Police, and the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.
- Botetourt County to hold free COVID-19 testing site Wednesday
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline project canceled, energy companies announce
- Bedford County Public Schools announces plans for 2020-21 school year
- Pinpoint Weather: Spotty showers and storms to end the holiday weekend
- Facebook groups pivot to attacks on Black Lives Matter