AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police say a medical emergency may explain a single-vehicle fatal crash in Amherst County Sunday.
They say 55-year-old Melvin L. Dillard was wearing a seat belt but died at the scene; Route 130 at Mt. Sinai Road. They say he was traveling east on Route 130 in a 1999 Ford F-250 pickup truck when he ran off the right side of the road, struck an embankment and highway sign, crossed back over the highway, then ran off the left side and struck a guardrail.
- Min wage provision threatens success of COVID relief bill
- Police chief warns militia groups ‘want to blow up’ Capitol during State of the Union
- Roanoke man arrested after hours long standoff in Lynchburg
- Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- Pinpoint Weather: Cooler temperatures, wet weather returns for Friday