Martinsville fire crews respond to structure fire at Sparky’s convenience store

Local News
1280x720_80504B00-BMHLL_1546221430443.jpg

Martinsville Fire and EMS crews responded to a fire at Sparky’s convince store located at 604 Starling Avenue at around 9:22 Saturday night. 

When crews arrived at the scene, flames were showing from the front of the business. 

Officials say everyone was out of the business and firefighters were able to quickly ladder the building and perform a knockdown of the visible flames with less than 50 gallons of water.

Crews say the fire was contained to the front left corner of the attic. 

“Although we hate a local business has suffered a loss, it could have been much worse had it not been for the combined chain of events from the business owner recognizing the smoke and calling 911 quickly, the 911 dispatcher quickly dispatching Martinsville Fire & EMS and our firefighters being available to respond so quickly” stated Martinsville Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Ted Anderson.

Crews say that fire is believed to be accidental in nature and started in the attic. 

The Martinsville Fire & EMS Fire Marshal’s office is still investigating the fire at this time.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News