BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man who was reportedly on the run from police crashed a vehicle in Bedford County, partially ejecting one passenger and injuring two others.
According to the Bedford Fire Department’s Facebook post on Saturday, July 11, first responders from both Bedford and Bedford County responded to the scene in the 800 block of Burks Hill Road at 11:30 a.m., saying the vehicle had multiple passengers and was heavily damaged.
The fire department says the vehicle reportedly attempted to escape police, speeding on the bypass and losing control on the Burks Hill off-ramp.
One passenger was partially ejected and was later transported to RMH Medical Center in serious condition, fire officials say. In addition, two other passengers were transported to Bedford Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the department.
- Game of The Week – Northside boys beat Hidden Valley in high school basketball
- Pinpoint Weather: Foggy conditions early today, snow continues in the High Country off and on
- North Cross football player Michael Mack signs NLI to go to the Naval Academy
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20