LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a man faces numerous charges in connection with a string of larcenies as well as reckless driving while fleeing Lynchburg police officers on Thursday.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department, surveillance cameras recorded a man placing items in a Walmart shopping cart at the Walmart at 3227 Old Forest Road and leaving the store without paying for them at 4:01 p.m. on Sunday, March 29.
On Monday, March 30, the department says security footage at the Timberlake Lowe’s showed a man and a woman putting items in a cart and leaving without paying at 11:40 a.m. After further investigation, police say they identified 58-year-old Robert G. Rosser of Concord as the suspect in both larcenies.
According to the department, on Thursday, April 2, Rosser was identified while trying to take items from the Walmart on Old Forest Road. Police say officers tried to stop Rosser as he drove away, but their pursuit ended shortly after.
Rosser faces the following charges, the department says:
- Two counts of felony larceny or theft (third or more offense)
- Petit larceny
- Eluding police
- Two counts of failure to stop while entering a highway
- Reckless driving
If you have any information about this ongoing investigation, call the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6041.
- Crews on scene of a working fire in Roanoke after a lithium battery explodes
- Former Pulaski town employee still faces eviction after decision not made during town council meeting
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 116 in Franklin County
- COVID-19 could be contributing to increased sales of hunting and fishing licenses