CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Marquie Williams – who pled guilty to first-degree murder of a 22-year-old Appomattox County woman – was sentenced to life in prison today.
Additionally, Williams was sentenced three years for use of a firearm in course of murder and two years for grand larceny.
On April 5, Lisa Henderson was found dead in a wooded area with nine bullets to her body including two bullets to her head, according to Paul McAndrews, Commonwealth Attorney for Campbell County.
McAndrews told WFXR in September that Williams was in a relationship with Henderson and was upset that she was planning on ending it.
Felix Jefferson, 22, another person involved in the murder of Henderson, plead guilty to second-degree murder. His sentencing has not been scheduled, Mcandrews said.
- Daughter of Sussex officer killed 20 years ago wants case reviewed: ‘I want the persons responsible’
- ‘I kept thinking I was going to die’: Large alligator flips kayaks in Alabama lake
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- Infant deaths in Lynchburg have doubled in 2020 compared to 2019
- Campbell County Supervisors announce expansion of bus company to include charging stations for new electric buses