DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Carl Ray Kennedy was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison, on Tuesday.
In September 2018, he kidnapped his infant daughter, at knife point, in Danville.
According to court records, a protective order put in place in May 2018 banned him from contacting his daughter and her mother.
After kidnapping his daughter in Danville, Kennedy took her to Randolph County, North Carolina where authorities found them.
In 2019, Kennedy was sentenced in Danville Circuit Court for six years. He pleaded guilty to the following charges: the kidnapping of a child by parent, assault & battery of family member, abduct by force/intimidation, abuse child, disregard life, and grand larceny.
- Dirt Bike track preps for Halloween Bash
- New Cheesesteak Factory & Jerk House location looks to continue owner’s legacy, give back to community
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Man arrested after fatal Saturday night shooting in NW Roanoke