PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man not wearing his seatbelt was killed in a Pittsylvania County crash on Monday.
Virginia State Police said the crash happened Monday at 8:06 p.m. on Route 703, one-tenth of a mile west of Route 750, in Pittsylvania County.
James Alexander Tiller, 62, of Axton, was driving his 2008 Toyota Carolla west on Route 703 when his car “ran off the right side of the roadway, overcorrected, crossed the road, and struck a utility pole,” a statement from the Virginia State Police said.
Tiller died at the scene. The crash is still under investigation.
- Pinpoint Weather: Cloudy & cooler with increasing shower chances late today as remnants of Beta move in from south
- Hokies All Access – N.C. State Preview, Mandy McGlynn Profile, and Full Booth w/ Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Liberty Flames Athletic Department pushes for equality
- Former Hokie Assistant Charley Wiles talks about coaching against Virginia Tech
- Hokies All Access Minute – September 23, 2020