UPDATE 1:58 p.m.: A Roanoke man faces a malicious wounding charge in connection with an early morning stabbing near the Ramada Inn.
The Roanoke Police Department says officers responded to a report of an assault in progress in the 1900 block of Franklin Road SW just before 3 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19. Officers arrived on the scene and found a man with multiple stab wounds, who was transported to Roanoke Fire-EMS to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, police say.
According to the department, investigators believe the victim was arguing with another man, but that quickly escalated and ended with a stabbing.
Police say they arrested 37-year-old Robert Garrett and charged him with malicious wounding.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A man was taken to the hospital early Tuesday morning following a stabbing in Roanoke.
According to the Roanoke Police Department, a stabbing took place around 2:45 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19 near the Ramada Inn on Franklin Road.
Police say an injured man was transported to the hospital. His current status is unknown at this time.
Shortly after 9 a.m., the department confirmed that officers are clearing the scene of the stabbing, which is currently under investigation.
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Protests erupt in Richmond following Breonna Taylor grand jury decision
- High-speed chase results in crash in Campbell County
- YOVASO promotes Drive For Change: Buckle Up and Slow Down sticker design contest
- Tazewell County uses CARES Act money to help pay for daycare