(WFXR) — Zane Christian appeared in court Monday and was given a court-appointed attorney.
He faces charges for allegedly shooting and killing Rico Turner at Salem’s Lakeside Plaza on Nov. 9.
Christian’s charges include first degree murder and firearms charges.
Police also believe Christian used a gun to hijack a car in Blacksburg shortly after the shooting in Salem.
He will be in a Montgomery County Courtroom on Tuesday, Dec. 1, for arraignment on the murder and firearms charges.
U.S. Marshals captured Christian in Ravenswood, W.V. one day after the shooting.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration