SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (WFXR) – A 38-year-old man is recovering from severe injuries after being hit by a car Saturday afternoon, according to the South Boston Police Department.
They say the 41-year-old driver, a Halifax County native, was driving a 2006 Toyota four-door when he/she struck the pedestrian, who was crossing Broad Street. Officers responded to the intersection of Broad and Easley Streets.
They say the injured man was taken to Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital Emergency Department, then to Duke Hospital.
No charges were filed in this accident and the investigation is ongoing.
- Local Office on Aging encourages you to check on the elderly this winter season
- Viral sensation who sleeps in animal shelters to comfort homeless pets visiting Roanoke Valley SPCA on Thursday
- First responders rescue family dog while battling Grayson County house fire Wednesday
- Halifax County Public Schools to operate in ‘fully distance format’ until Dec. 11 due to community COVID-19 spread
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients