SALEM, Va. (WFXR) –The Lynchburg Turnpike at the intersection with East Main Street in Salem will close beginning on Monday, March 23, for about two weeks due to reconstruction.
The project will add to existing traveling delays in the area caused by flagging operations, which are expected to be completed by the summer, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Message boards will be in place to alert drivers of the construction.
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck
- UPDATE: Lanes reopened at scene of tractor-trailer crash on I-81 north in Wythe County
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics