SALEM, Va. (WFXR) –The Lynchburg Turnpike at the intersection with East Main Street in Salem will close beginning on Monday, March 23, for about two weeks due to reconstruction.
The project will add to existing traveling delays in the area caused by flagging operations, which are expected to be completed by the summer, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Message boards will be in place to alert drivers of the construction.
- Seeking an upset vs. Clemson, Hokies look to erase past disappointment
- Local hospitals preparing for increase in COVID-19 patients as holiday season continues
- State lawmakers named to Redistricting Commission including one delegate from Southside
- Dish Network removes Nexstar local TV stations in 115 markets
- Pearisburg’s long-standing Christmas traditions endure through pandemic