LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Lynchburg say a local man faces several new charges after he was taken into custody for failure to appear in court and officers found a gun and drugs.
Sergio Sihlangu, 32, of Lynchburg, was wanted for failure to appear in court and arrested Wednesday, March 25 just after 3:30 p.m. Lynchburg Police say when he was arrested, officers discovered a concealed handgun, crack, cocaine, and items consistent with drug distribution.
Additional charges that resulted from Wednesday’s arrest include:
- Two counts of possession of a controlled substance;
- Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon;
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
- Possession of a firearm while in possession with intent to distribute schedule I or II drugs;
- Two counts of possession with intent to distribute schedule I or II drugs; and
- Carrying a concealed weapon.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
According to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority, Sihlangu is being held at the Lynchburg Adult Detention Center without bond.
- Roanoke Valley Forecast
- Central Virginia Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast
- New River Valley Forecast
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast