LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Lynchburg Police are searching for three suspects in connection to an armed robbery and burglary that occurred early morning on Tuesday, March 17.
According to police, surveillance video showed three masked suspects break into Lynchburg Skillz on the 1900 block of Fort Avenue, steal money, and run away.
Police believe a cab driver picked the suspects up at 2:11 a.m. in the 1500 block of Kemper Street. The suspects asked to be dropped off at a nearby convenience store, according to police.
Shortly after, police say the suspects robbed the driver at gunpoint in the parking lot of the Greenfield Market before they ran off toward the James Crossings Apartments.
Police have identified Traquan Devaun Waller, 18, of Lynchburg, as one of the suspects. Waller is charged with burglary, petit larceny, wearing a mask in public, robbery, and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
A juvenile suspect has also been identified and was charged with similar offenses.
Carrie Dungan, Lynchburg Police Department’s community relations coordinator, told WFXR are still working to identify the third suspect.
All the suspects remain at large.
Anyone with information about these incidents, call Crime Stoppers at (888) 799-5900.
- AG Herring shares training video on voter intimidation protections with Virginia’s law enforcement, election officials
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Virginia, North Carolina part of 3 state collaboration to advance offshore wind projects, economic development
- Making spooky treats for a socially-distanced Halloween party
- Vice President Pence to deliver remarks at rallies in North Carolina Saturday