LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Police in Lynchburg, as well as other jurisdictions, are actively investigating multiple reports of fraud from around Virginia over the last several days.
On May 7, 2020 at 9:24 a.m. officers responded to the SunTrust Bank on Boonsboro Road for a report of fraud after a man was reported to fraudulently withdraw money from an account.
Police say this is the same individual who performed the same action at SunTrust Banks in Amherst County as well as in Charlottesville on the same day.
At the time of the fraud in Lynchburg, this person is identified as a black male who wore a black beret-style hat, black turtleneck and a black jacket.
If you have information about this man, you are asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
This is an active investigation.
- Haunted in Patrick County? Reynolds Homestead provides spiritual journey back in time
- Franklin County sees record number of COVID-19 cases Thursday
- West Virginia’s Tamarack closes temporarily for COVID-19
- Pennsylvania firefighter pleads guilty to trying for sex with child in Virginia
- Civil case delayed in fatal Park Police shooting of Virginia motorist