LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Members of the Lynchburg Police Department are investigating a crash that occurred Wednesday afternoon that sent multiple people to the hospital.
At 12:01 p.m., officers responded to the 1900 block of Wards Ferry Road for reports of a two-vehicle crash.
When officers arrived on the scene, the located the vehicles involved.
The Lynchburg Fire Department rescued individuals from one of the vehicles.
As a result from the crash, two individuals were taken to Lynchburg General Hospital with serious injuries.
Three other individuals were taken to Lynchburg General Hospital with minor injuries.
The investigation into the cause of the crash continues.
If you have any information about this crash, you can contact Officer N. Hertzog at (434) 455-6047.
- AEP: Over 2,800 power outages in Henry County due to weather conditions
- Four people rescued in Botetourt County after tubing in flooded conditions on the James River
- UPDATE: Henry County declares local state of emergency due to flooding
- Franklin County woman rescued after being trapped in her home from flooding
- Portions of Route 8 closed due to flooding in Montgomery County