LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred Saturday afternoon.
Police say a male juvenile arrived at Lynchburg General Hospital around 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 with a gunshot wound that he reportedly received on D Street, which is located near Norwood Street.
According to the statement released by the department on Saturday evening, the gunshot wound was considered non-life threatening at the time and officers did not respond to any shots fired calls Saturday afternoon.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have information about this incident, call Detective S. Bond with the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6161.
- VDH reports 449 new COVID-19 cases, 13 new virus-related deaths as of Monday
- Roanoke County fire stations ‘light the night’ in honor of fallen firefighters
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- Joe Montana, wife stop woman who tried to kidnap 9-month-old grandchild from their home
- VCU considers requiring students to take courses on racism