LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred Saturday afternoon.
Police say a male juvenile arrived at Lynchburg General Hospital around 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 with a gunshot wound that he reportedly received on D Street, which is located near Norwood Street.
According to the statement released by the department on Saturday evening, the gunshot wound was considered non-life threatening at the time and officers did not respond to any shots fired calls Saturday afternoon.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have information about this incident, call Detective S. Bond with the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6161.
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Richmond International Airport has 96% drop in passenger traffic in April
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic