LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred Saturday afternoon.
Police say a male juvenile arrived at Lynchburg General Hospital around 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 with a gunshot wound that he reportedly received on D Street, which is located near Norwood Street.
According to the statement released by the department on Saturday evening, the gunshot wound was considered non-life threatening at the time and officers did not respond to any shots fired calls Saturday afternoon.
This is an ongoing investigation.
If you have information about this incident, call Detective S. Bond with the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6161.
- Only in Virginia; the unique fish you’ll find no where else on the planet, and why they grow to be giants
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Brandon Oaks employee uses art to bring cheer to residents
- Biden aims to slow climate change, grow jobs with new initiative
- Lynchburg Police say Tuesday killing helped reopen an unsolved 2017 homicide case